Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Obama Derangement Syndrome

"Obama Derangement Syndrome," a new and rather apt term coined by John Avlon, meaning "[the] pathological hatred of the president posing as patriotism" is spreading like wildfire through the Republican ranks. According to the latest Louis Harris poll, this is what these "Hatriots" (also an Avlon term) find themselves believing:

--57 percent of Republicans (32 percent overall) believe that Obama is a Muslim

--45 percent of Republicans (25 percent overall) agree with the Birthers in their belief that Obama was "not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president"

--38 percent of Republicans (20 percent overall) say that Obama is "doing many of the things that Hitler did"

--24 percent of Republicans (14 percent overall) say that Obama "may be the Antichrist."


Click here to read more about the insanity.

The asylum has long since crumbled to dust. Boehner has the keys but he only rattles them furiously to increase the furor. If you thought the passing of insurance reform would serve to quell the mob, you are sadly mistaken. These lunatics will not be satisfied until they are drinking Obama's blood and squishing around in his organs.

You may laugh at their madness, but, believe you me, these fools think they are at war. Don't be surprised if and when they actually bring it to us.

4 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

The Revolution will be televised. On Fox News.

I thought these guys were nuts when Reagan was around. Even that evil cake sniffer might be appalled at this crap.

Shani said...

WTF? I mean, really. W. T. F.

Karen B. said...

I'm scared. It's the same feeling I had when the Republican National Convention was in St Paul (my neck of the woods) and I saw paratroopers in full garb making a ghost town of the streets. I felt hunted. Immediately following the Health Care Reform bill passing, I felt like the conservatives are waiting to pounce. They are seething, I can feel it and I'm scared.

boukman70 said...

I don't know, you can blame this on my black paranoia, but the more I hear them talk, the more I read what they're saying, and what they claim to believe, the more I think they're ginning themselves up for somebody to take a shot at Obama. And, if that somebody is successful, they'll be totally cool with it. NOT because they themselves are racist and can't deal with the fact that a black man is president, but because that black man was an Islamo-Fascistic Communist who was also a racist anti-Christ.

They keep trying to paint the taking out of Obama as somebody's patriotic duty. Don't be surprised if somebody soon tries. And be even less surprised when these bastards cheer its happening.

But, as I said, I could just be paranoid.