Thursday, March 11, 2010

Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing

Today at work, I am surrounded by nothing but war. I can either laze in the blood and gore of the French and Indian War with John F. Ross's War on the Run, thrilling to many luxurious tales of men ripping out their live enemy's intestines while he screams, scalping them while they still breathed, or freezing to death in the New England wilderness and being reduced to cannibalism; or I can luxuriate to the stories of slaughter about the outgunned and outmanned Marines of Charlie Company in Hai Lan, Vietnam in Doyle D. Glass's Lions of Medina; or, for much lighter fare, I can read about the Bataan friggin' Death March in Michael and Elizabeth M. Norman's Tears in the Darkness.

What a crap day.

I need to do two things after leaving this madness:

1) Not listen to NPR and avoid the latest offal spewing out of the Charnel House of Representatives;

and

2) See if I have any Stevie Wonder on my damned iPod.



5 comments:

Karen B. said...

You know I think that's why you can find a lot of people who dedicate their lives to eliminating extreme poverty, etc., closet pop-culture addicts, hording celebrity exploitation magazines in secret. It's the fluff that gives your mind and soul a rest. You need to get yourself some Robin Leach, STAT.

Paula said...

Great post! A little Stevie can go a long way.

boukman70 said...

Innervisions did hit the spot.

lawguy said...

Well you can always go home and pop in "Northwest Passage" and watch Spencer Tracy do it all in technicolor.

boukman70 said...

Can I just watch Bad Day at Black Rock instead?