Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Health Care Stories: Taipei, Taiwan

Keiko, a recent transplant to Taiwan, gives us a quick rundown on her first impression of that country's (yeah, I know, PRC) health care system.


I have not been in Taiwan very long, but I've been to hospitals quite often due to relatives or for myself. I think the health care in Taiwan is more efficient compared to Canada. You can get x-rays, MRIs, even minor surgery the day you go in with your problem.

Doctors are so fast and efficient here that it's somewhat annoying. I want more privacy and time with my doctor when I'm coming in with my problems. They can see on average 1 patient per 5-7 minutes.

I went to see a gynecologist and while the doctor sees one patient, they let two wait in the same room, and another two in the examination room waiting for the doctor to observe them.

They make a diagnosis very quickly, but I don't know if it’s accurate.
In all, I think Taiwan's health care is pretty good!



Keiko
Taipei, Taiwan

No comments: