Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ill Doctrine: Hip-Hop Is Dead

Since I'm totally isolated from popular culture and all I do is read books, chase Poohbutt, and read books to Poohbutt (currently we're reading Ron Suskind's book on Paul O'Neill, desperately hoping his next one will be about Ron O'Neal), my little brother had to hep me to the video blog, Ill Doctrine. I'm really digging Jay Smooth and what he has to say about hip-hop. As you know, I've got my own ideas. I'm glad to see a possible kindred spirit out there.

Well, though I'm late to the party, I wanted to invite some fellow gate crashers along for the ride.



And for all you Old Hip-Hop Heads Who Considered Suicide 'Cause the Radio Ain't Enuff, check out these two videos. There's still good music out there, yall. Enjoy and stop hatin'!







But if these won't convince ya, here, go way back with Just-Ice and KRS-One:

1 comment:

Sue Jacquette said...

Ooh, I don't remember how I wound up on your page (timesuck surfin I guess), but I'm so glad I did. I'm really enjoying those songs.