Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We Wuz Robbed




Now, I guess I really don't have a right to complain. I've been very lucky this year. I really shouldn't even be where I found myself last week. But damnit, my Murderkats have been screwed!!!

If you look back at my draft you can see that I worked very hard to get into the playoffs. My starting quarterback was knocked out for the season in the second week. My second receiver suffered the same fate in the first game of the season. My two starting running backs have missed most of the season. And my defense, the usually stout Jacksonville Jaqoffs, decided that defending the pass was passé this season.

But I've been diligent. I've been working those waiver wires. I picked up Matt Forte before anyone knew who he was. The same for Houston's Steve Slaton. Still, as I said, I've been lucky. I haven't been the top point-getter (that guy didn't even make the playoffs), and I won two games by a point each. But I made the playoffs.

And last night, before the Philly game, I was three points down. Fortunately, the very unpredictable Bryan Westbrook only got five points (the week before--when I'd benched him, of course--he got 30). But that was enough to win. I was going on to the championship game.

But no!

For some reason, Yahoo has decided to knock two points off of San Diego's defense's score. I checked and double-checked. There's absolutely no reason why they did it. They just did. So, I was in a tie. And, though I have no clue how they decided this, I apparently lost the tie-breaker.

My Murderkats have been denied their chance for 2008 glory. The Man, the Machine, the Refs have stolen one from me. No glory, no ring. Nothing but depression and despair.

Hey, wait a second. Now I know what it's like being a Seahawks fan.

No comments: