Tuesday, April 20, 2010

R.I.P. Dorothy Height and Guru

Today was a weird one. I spent all day listening to NPR and staining the deck. First, I was trying to think of a funny way to tell the Kal Penn mugging story--like he got jacked for his weed coming out of Barry's White House.

But then I got all bummed out over Dorothy Height's death. The woman was 98. So, it wasn't much of a surprise. But I've always enjoyed the few interviews I've heard her give. And, of course, she's a homegirl--another star in the Black Pittsburgh constellation. They just don't make many like Dorothy Height.

But, what's really got me is Guru's death. I had no clue the brotha was sick. I mean, damn, I'll admit to hating on Jazzmatazz II, but the man was only 43. And Gang Starr ...

Well, clearly, I have no words for this. So, a video's in order.


No comments: